Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cupcake Dreams

I've been on something of a baking frenzy. After the car accident I had broken my hand. Then we were working on the house, which kept me from serious cooking for several weeks. Recently I broke the seal with a delicious cake for a friend's birthday and have been baking like a mad woman ever since. I happen to have enough lovely friends to support my efforts by eating what I make. To me, the charm really is in the kitchen activity, the home-cooking smells, and growing as a baker.

These are greek yogurt chocolate cupcakes. The cake and the frosting are made using homemade greek yogurt. The stuff is crazy expensive if you buy it off the shelf. But if you make yogurt at home, a half gallon of greek yogurt can cost 5 dollars and can go forever. Hence, the need to make things with the yogurt. I do not regret it! These cupcakes make a gray sky blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment