Friday, November 15, 2013

You may have wondered...

...where I've been. And I'll tell it to you straight.

I've been busy. The boring, soul numbing kind where you buy books that look like easy reads and then allow them to sit unread in a pile. (I have six or seven now). The kind of busy where you are writing midterm grad school papers in advance because you know you won't have time the week of the due date. The kind of busy where the sheer act of taking off your pants seems a lot to ask.

In the middle of that, though, I have had several amazing opportunities that I feel honored to have received. I catered the wedding of two friends last month with my wholesome, love-packed nummers. This Saturday I will have my first show as Queen City Apothecary, selling these lovely herbal projects I have been telling you about for all these years. And this week I had interviews at three amazing area non-profits, with a second interview tomorrow afternoon at my favorite of the organizations.

I am sitting in my dining room now and I am surrounded by herbs, aromatherapy oils, my very own labels.... It's actually a heart warming sense of progress to be here.

I am claiming for myself that in a month I will be sitting, after a day at a job I love, on my couch with a book and an herbal face mask drying. I'll be sipping a cup of tea and I'll have sweatpants on. And I will think of you, dear reader. And I will visit this blog to write you a well thought out post from my abundance, not my emptiness.

I'm off to shake some herbal vinegars, but remember that I'm thinking of you!

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful lawn usually contains a combination of distinct grass types, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. As you evaluate a grass mixture, Lawn Types and Maintenance

    ReplyDelete